DAEMON Catch! app arrives for iOS — a great solution for sharing files between devices in a local network. It allows you to send files or transfer photos from iPhone to PC with DAEMON Tools Lite installed. You also can transfer photos from PC to iPhone using this app. Catch! works inside local wireless network only, it doesn't cause mobile network usage and protects the data you send.
To start using DAEMON Catch! download it from App Store and install on your mobile device.
DAEMON Catch! has a tab bar menu type, which means that you can navigate between the following tabs:
- Photos: contains all the pictures that are stored on your phone.
- Received files: displays the previously caught files.
- My Devices: displays your IP, the lists of Trusted, Blocked and Available devices.
Note, that since Catch! 1.1 you can change the name of devices in a Trusted and Blocked List. Available device names can't be changed, you need to add the device whether to Trusted or Blocked list to change the name
- History: shows the logs of transfer tasks during this session.
Note, that it's possible to transfer files from iPhone to PC and back, no matter what type of file you send. All the received files are stored in DAEMON Catch!, and to have access to them you need to export them first. For example, you can open the picture in Catch!, then choose Export and pick Gallery. Same story with another file types, just import them to the corresponding application.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to computer
To share files in a local network you need to complete several steps:
- Install DAEMON Tools Lite on PC and DAEMON Catch! on iOS device.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Send a picture from iOS device: choose the image, press the Send button, pick the recipient. If you don't see the desired device, drag down to refresh.
Note, that if the device is still not in the Device menu, you may need to enter its IP manually. In order to keep the added device at hand always, we recommend you to Add it to Favorites before sending a file
You can manage your Trusted and Blocked devices while in this tab. To add the device to one of the mentioned lists — check out the Available devices, pick the needed device, change it's name if needed, and choose the appropriate list.
If you don't seem to find the desired device on Available list, you can add it by entering the IP address: click Add on the top right corner, then enter IP, click Submit, change the name of device if needed, and choose the appropriate list.
Go to device Settings -> DAEMON Catch! to change Port.