DAEMON Catch! app arrives for iOS — a great solution for sharing files between devices in a local network. It allows you to send photos or received files to another Catch! app or to PC with DAEMON Tools Lite installed. Catch! works inside local wireless network only, it doesn't cause mobile network usage and protects the data you send.
To start using DAEMON Catch! download it from App Store and install on your mobile device.
To open app menu, press "hamburger" icon in the top left corner. It consists of the following sections:
- Photos: contains all the pictures that are stored on your phone.
- Received files: displays the previously caught files.
- History: shows the logs of transfer tasks during this session.
- Settings: permits to configure preferences:
- Device name: change how other devices will identify yours
- Port: Redefine it if the default one is reserved
- IP address
- Application version
- Trusted list: manage the list of trusted and blocked devices
Note, that you can receive any types of files. All the received files are stored in DAEMON Catch!, and to have access to them you need to export them first. For example, you can open the picture in Catch!, then choose Export and pick Gallery. Same story with another file types, just import them to the corresponding application.
Sharing files in a local network
To share files in a local network you need to complete several steps:
- Install DAEMON Tools Lite on PC and DAEMON Catch! on iOS device.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Send a picture from iOS device: choose the image, press the Send button, pick the recipient. If you don't see the desired device, drag down to refresh.
Note, that if the device is still not in the Device menu, you may need to enter its IP manually. In order to keep the added device at hand always, we recommend you to Add it to Favorites before sending a file
Manage the Trusted list on a certain device by sending a file to one. Once you send a file to iOS device, a window pops up. Choose Cancel to discard this and all the following transfers, or Allow forever to accept all files sent from a certain device. To change the Trust status of a certain device, open Settings and rearrange the Trusted list.