Create a Bootable USB wizard allows you to write a bootable image to USB stick in order to use it for operating system recovery.
Create a Bootable USB wizard is a part of Bootable USB paid group. Learn more about the features included in Bootable USB group in the relevant article.
To write a bootable image, click USB option in the sidebar and choose Create a Bootable USB from the sidebar menu or from the catalog of wizards.
Here you need to perform several easy steps:
- Insert a USB stick and choose this Device in DAEMON Tools Lite. Press Refresh if the needed device is not on the list.
- Find a bootable image you want to write. Use Browse... button to simplify this process.
- Choose the operating system you want to boot.
- Choose the partition scheme. MBR was introduced in 1983 and for some time was the only one standard. You can use it now too, but note that this partition type isn't not working with 2TB+ disks. GPT was developed for UEFI boot type and becomes more popular now. If you are not going for BIOS, this option is recommended.
- Choose the boot type. Since Windows 8, UEFI becomes the main boot type, but if you want to create a bootable USB device for an older operating system version, you should choose BIOS.
- Choose the Label of the volume and the type of the File system.
- Click Start button to begin creating a bootable USB or Back button to return to Images.
- Wait a few moments while an image is written.