Create a Data Image wizard allows you to make a custom virtual disc from any files and folders.
Create a Data Image wizard is a part of Image Editor paid group. Learn more about the features included in Image Editor group in the relevant article.
To create a new virtual disc, click New Image option in the sidebar and choose Create a Data Image from the sidebar menu or from the catalog of wizards.
Then you need to perform several easy steps:
- Choose the list of the files for the image. Use the contextual menu and Add Files, Create Folder, Import From Image icons to adjust and arrange the list of files. Also, you can create a boot image if there are one or several bootable files among the added ones. Bootable files are displayed in blue color. To make certain file a bootable one, go to its contextual menu and choose Boot Image option. In this case you will be able to adjust its options on the next step.
- Choose the name and the path for the image.
- Choose the Size of the virtual disc (CD, DVD, Dual-Layer DVD, Blu-ray).
- Choose the Format of the future image (MDX, MDS/MDF or Standard ISO). Note that this option influence on the other options.
The basic options are adjusted, so now you can click Start button and begin creating an image. Also, you can set Advanced options. To go to Advanced options, click the link in the bottom of the wizard. Here you will be able to:
- Choose File system of the future image. Note that you can't add files more than 2GB if you choose UDF.
- Protect the image with password. After checking this option, you will be able to enter your password and confirm it.
- Split an image in volumes. Most often this option is used to create several volumes of image file and burn them on CDs or DVDs. After checking this option, you will be able to redefine the size of the volume.
- Check Compress option in order to reduce the size of the image.
- If you have bootable files, then here you will be able to adjust their settings:
- The type of emulation option has several alternatives. Choose No Emulation option if you want the bootable image to be loaded into memory. If you mount an image with Floppy Emulation type, special virtual A: drive will be created for it. Note, that the size of bootable files needs to be smaller than the size of virtual floppy. If you choose Hard Drive Emulation option, virtual C: drive will be created for your image.
- Load segment of sector option defines the initial segment. 7C0 is a traditional segment that is equal to zero.
- Number of loaded sectors is a quantity of virtual sectors that will be saved at Load Segment during the boot process.
- Click Start button to begin creating an image or Back button to return to the catalog of New Image group. To review the basic options, click the relevant link in the bottom of the wizard.
- Wait a few moments while an image is being created.