Preferences window contains several tabs with various settings that allow you to adjust DAEMON Tools Lite as you like.
General settings of DAEMON Tools Lite include the following options:
- Use tray agent option enables an icon in the task bar that allows performing several basic operation without openning the main window of the program. If Autorun option is checked, tray agent will be launched after operating system startup.
- Automount option makes all previously mounted devices ready to use after the system restart.
- Create new virtual drive to mount and Mount to existing virtual drive options allows you to choose whether you want to create a new device each time the new image is mounted or whether you want to re-mount the previously created drive.
- Add images to catalog automatically options allows DAEMON Tools Lite to include all newly created image files and virtual hard disks to your collection.
- Send anonymous statistics option gives the program permission to trace how you use it in order to improve the user interface in the upcoming versions.
- Language drop-down list allows you to change the localization of the program.
- Check for updates automatically option allows DAEMON Tools Lite to connect to the servers from time to time to find out whether the newer version of the software appeared. Check now button goes to the server immediately.
Integration tab allows you to choose the types of image files that you will be able to use with DAEMON Tools Lite. Click Select All button to associate every available type with the program or Unselect All button to block the associations with any image type. Choose Enable shell extensions to turn on the Windows Integration feature.
Confirmations tab is used to define whether you want to get confirmation messages while using some DAEMON Tools Lite features. If a certain option is checked, then you won't be able to perform this action without a confirmation.
Custom folders tab
Custom folders tab allows you to change the default paths for the folders to which the newly created images are saved. Also, you can set different folders for different image types.
Connection tab is used to adjust settings for proxy server if proxy is used for updates. Here you need to enter the Host and Port for proxy server. Also you should define the login and password if authentication is necessary on the server.
Click Apply button to save the changes or Close button to quit the Preferences without saving.