Catch! app arrives for iOS — a great solution for sharing files between devices in a local network. It allows you to send photos or received files to another Catch! app or to PC with DAEMON Tools Lite installed. Catch! works inside local wireless network only, it doesn't cause mobile network usage and protects the data you send.
To start using Catch! download it from App Store and install on your mobile device or tablet.
Catch! iOS app menu can be reached by pressing on a "hamburger" in the top left corner. It consists of the following sections:
- Photos: contains all the pictures that are stored on your phone.
- Received files: displays the previously caught files.
- History: shows the logs of transfer tasks.
- Settings: permits to configure preferences:
- Device name: change how other devices will identify yours
- Port: Redefine it if the default one is reserved
- IP address
- Application version
- Trusted list: manage the list of trusted and blocked devices
Sharing files in a local network
To share files in a local network you need to complete several steps:
- Install DAEMON Tools Lite on PC and Catch! on iOS device.
- Make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
- Send a picture from iOS device: choose the image, press the Send button, pick the recipient. If you don't see the desired device, drag down to refresh.
Note, that if the device is still not in the Device menu, you may need to enter its IP manually. In order to keep the added device at hand always, we recommend you to Add it to Favorites before sending a file
Manage the Trusted list on a certain device by sending a file to one. Once you send a file to iOS device, a window pops up. Choose Cancel to discard this and all the following transfers, or Allow forever to accept all files sent from a certain device. To change the Trust status of a certain device, open Settings and rearrange the Trusted list.